Friday, July 13, 2012

How to Make a Fabric Rosette {TUTORIAL}

Hello y'all! I just wanted to share where I got my idea to add the rosette fabric flowers to my refurbished picture frame as seen in my DIY Weekend Project

Here how I made them (sorry I don't have pictures):

SUPPLIES:

  • ~3″ x 22″ strip of fabric {this will make a 2″ diameter rosette} {I just cut up an old t-shirt}
  • ~approx 2″ circle of scrap fabric or felt
  • ~hot glue gun
  • ~scissors 

1. Fold your fabric in half so that it measures 1.5″ x 22″ and tie a knot in one end.
2. Tuck or glue the short end of the knot to the long end.
3. Twist the fabric and begin to wrap around the knot.
4. When you reach the desired diameter of your flower, glue the end to the rest of the flower. 
5. Take a scrap piece of fabric and glue it to the bottom of the flower. 
6. Trim the scrap fabric to fit the flower.
7. Attach your flower to anything you wish!!

Here is the link to the blog I found this one {with pictures}: How to Make Rosette Fabric Flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment