Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY Weekend Project

I was going thru my stuff and was planning on having a garage sale, but there was no way I was going to sit out in this heat.

I had an old picture frame that was my future husbands, but it just didn't fit in our house together.

I finally decided to just make something with it. So, I took the frame apart and painted it a dark brown. Then after it dried, I used Mod Podge to give it a glossy look. I took the back of the frame and spray painted it with chalkboard paint so we could write messages to each other. Unfortunately, we didn't have any chalk and I wanted to surprise him when he got home from work. So, I just decided to write a permanent message using puffy paint that I had. I had seen on another blog how to make a rosette out of fabric. I put my own little twist to it. After all was put together this, this is how it turned out. I think its pretty good for a almost free craft and new wall decor. Now, my future husband has something to look at while going to the bathroom.

Lots of love,
Future Mrs. K


No comments:

Post a Comment