Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Family Canvas Decor

I know I have been away for a few weeks. Life has been pretty hectic! I came across a picture of something similar to this that my friend had pinned on Pinterest. I decided to try and make it myself and since my future husband said he did not want anything for his birthday I thought it would make a wonderful present/added decor for our living room.





Here is how to make it yourself:

   Supplies: 
          • Canvas (one for each letter)
          • Wood letters
          • Scrapbook paper
          • Paint
          • Ribbon
          • Curtain rod
          • Mod Podge (I used glossy finish)



   Steps:
          1. Paint the sides of the canvas
          2. Sand your letters if needed
          3. Paint your letters
          4. Paint a second coat on the canvas and letters            
          5. Cut the scrapbook paper to size
          6. Use Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the canvas
          7. Put a layer of Mod Podge over the paper and on the sides
          8. Mod Podge over the letters for a complete look
          9. Cut various lengths of ribbon 
          10. Use a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the back of the canvas
          11. Use glue to attach the letter the the canvas
          12. Put the finished products on the curtain rod 
          13. Hang and enjoy!







I would love for you to share your pictures if you have made one!





Life Quotes, Life Quotes Images, Life Sayings



No comments:

Post a Comment